Training & Recruiting
|The Training and Recruiting functions are directed by Officer Aaron Moore.
If you are interested in applying for a position as a police officer, review the basic requirements listed below and visit the Town's Human Resources Homepage for job postings.
Basic requirements for applicants seeking a position with the Mooresville Police Department include:
- U.S. citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must successfully pass a background investigation
- Must complete Basic Law Enforcement Training and meet State certification requirements
- Must pass a written test, oral interview, physical, drug screen and psychological evaluation
The following is a step-by-step process for applying with the Mooresville Police Department if there is a position advertised:
- Download an application and fill it out or pick up an application at the Mooresville office of the Employment Security Commission, 470 North Broad Street.
- The application should be filled out completely and mailed to the Human Resources Department at P.O. Box 878, Mooresville, NC 28115.
- Applicants selected for the next step of the process will be notified in writing of the date, time, and location of the written test.
- If the applicant passes the written test, they will be notified of a date and time for the oral review board.
- If the applicant passes the oral review board, they will be interviewed by an investigator and be required to pass a rigorous background investigation, including a credit, driving and criminal history check. In addition, neighbors, employers and references will be interviewed as to the applicant's suitability for the position.
- If the applicant passes the background check and is given a conditional offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a psychological examination, physical examination with drug screening, and successfully qualify with a firearm.
The Mooresville Police Department offers the following benefits to newly-hired police officers:
- Starting Annual Salary (with no experience/degree) - $34,675
- 11 - 12 Paid Holidays per Year
- 10 - 20 Paid Vacation Days per Year (based on years of service)
- 12 Paid Sick Leave Days per Year (accumulated indefinitely)
- Fully-paid Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage for Employee (family coverage is available at an additional charge.)
- Law Enforcement Local Government Retirement System
- 401k Plan with Contributions Made by the Town (5% annual salary)
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $3000 per year)
- Uniforms and Equipment Furnished by the Police Department
- Education Incentives
- Experience Incentives for Full-time Paid Law Enforcement Officers
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance Equal to Annual Salary
- Fitness Center Within the Police Department
For more information, contact Officer Moore at 704-799-4028 or email@example.com.