1. Do you conduct tours of the Mooresville Police Department?
Yes, we conduct tours for school children, civic groups and interested citizens. Schedule a tour by calling Captain Phil Blocker at 704-658-9016 or fill out a Schedule a Visit Form.
2. How do I contact Animal Control?
The Iredell County Animal Services & Control Department and Animal Shelter are located in Statesville on Twin Oaks Road. Phone hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at 704-878-5424. After-hours or emergency calls are answered at 704-878-3039.
3. Does the Mooresville Police Department offer security/vacation checks?
Yes, we offer security checks to all citizens who are going out of town and wish to have an officer check their residence periodically while they are away. Contact us at 704-664-3311 or fill out a Security Check/Vacation Form.
4. How do I get a criminal background check?
Criminal background checks are performed by the Iredell County Clerk of Court’s office in Statesville. The phone number is 704-832-6600 and there is a fee for this service.
5. Does the Mooresville Police Department offer fingerprinting services?
Fingerprinting services are provided between 8:30 – 10:30 a.m., Monday – Friday at the Mooresville Police Department. The cost is $10 (cash or check). To receive the service, you must present two forms of identification including one with a photograph.
6. Where is the Department of Motor Vehicles office in Mooresville?
There are two locations. The office that handles vehicle registration and license plates is located at 125-3 North Main Street. The phone number is 704-663-5472. The office that processes driver’s licenses is located at 533 Patterson Avenue, Suite 100. The phone number is 704-664-3344.
7. Do I need to register my alarm system?
Currently, residents within the Town limits are not required to register their alarms. However, we do ask that you provide your alarm monitoring company with our direct communications number, 704-664-3311.
8. Where is the local magistrate’s office?
The Iredell County Magistrates Office is located at 221 East Water Street in Statesville. The phone number is 704-832-6619.
9. Where can I find information about the Town’s noise ordinance?
Click here for the Town’s Noise Ordinance.