|Most businesses/commercial activities are not allowed to operate in residential areas because they can disrupt the residential character of a neighborhood. However, certain uses may be permitted as a home occupation/business if specific restrictions are met:|
- Person operating the business resides in the home
- No change in the external look of the home
- No signs
- No outdoor display of goods or equipment
- No sales of goods on premise
- County and state licensing requirements are met
A zoning permit and occupational license are required for a home occupation/business. Contact the Planning Department at 704-662-4070 for more information or refer to Zoning Ordinance - Section 5.4.3(7) for a complete list of restrictions.