|Teen Book Club December 10th at 4 p.m.
Discuss the book before you see "The Book Thief" in theaters. Free movie tickets will be given to Book Talk participants!
|Cupcake Wars December 14th at 1:00 p.m.
Compete with other teens for the best cupcake, judged on flavor, appearance/presentation, creativity, texture and moistness. Prizes awarded to the top three winners! Register
Teen Advisory Board
Congratulations to the new 2013-2014 Teen Advisory Board!
President: Jade Spratling
Vice President: Diana Durke
Secretary: Piper Anderson
Assistant Secretary: Tanner Grimes
Photographer: Mackenzie Gary
Reporter: Tamya Parker
Treasurer: Sarah Archer
Hospitality: Amber Gilson & Hannah Grimes
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) meets at 4:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month. Community service credit is available; however, check with your club advisor to make sure you will receive credit hours for the service.
To Quality for the Teen Advisory Board, you must be:
• Between the ages of 14-18 at time of application;
• Willing to commit to 1-2 hours each month for a meeting or activity; and
• Willing to serve for a semester.
As a Teen Advisory Board Member, you will be expected to:
• Attend meetings (usually two meeting per month);
• Brainstorm, plan, and help advertise teen programs;
• Promote library services and activities in the schools and community;
• Attend teen activities at the library and help with the events;
• Suggest books for Teens; and
• Join the Friends of the Library.