Land Development FAQ
1. How may I find out the status of my submitted plans?
Call the Land Development desk at 704-662-8078 or email email@example.com
2. How do I get a tap letter for an Iredell County Certificate of Occupancy?
The tap letter is not a written letter. It is verification that the Town has inspected the new sewer tap. The tap is electronically entered by the Town's engineering inspection staff. Please contact the Town's Inspector for your project if you need a tap letter.
3. How may I find out the status of a Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) report/review?
Please call or e-mail the Traffic Engineer requesting the latest on the report.
4. How can I find out about water and sewer availability to my property?
If your property is inside the Mooresville Town Limits, please contact the Mooresville Engineering Department at 704-663-4510 to inquire about water and sewer availability in your area. These maps are not available on-line or for distribution, but can be viewed from the Engineering Department at 413 North Main Street, Suite 1200, Mooresville NC.
5. If I want to build on a parcel of land that does not currently have water and sewer service, will the Town extend utilities to my property?
No. The property owner is responsible for extending utilities to the property and then turning them over to the Town for maintenance. Any property receiving utility service from the Town must be in the Town's utility service area.
6. I live outside the Town limits, there is a water line in front of my house and I would like to receive Town water. what do I do?
In order to receive a Town utility, the property owner must submit a Utility Service Request, and file for voluntary annexation.
7. Am I in the Town's Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ)?
Please contact the Planning Department at 704-662-7040 to verify. Mooresville does not have a consistent 1 mile from the current Town limits. Most properties outside the existing Town limits must request a release of jurisdiction from Iredell County in order to be in the Town's ETJ.
8. If I am not in the Town's ETJ, can I move foward with a rezoning request?
No. You must be in either the Town;s ETJ or inside the Town's Limits in order to proceed with a rezoning request.
9. What is the expected review time for my project?
Review time varies depending on the type of plan. Sketch and Concept plans are within 4 weeks, while the review time for a construction plan is 45 days. Upon completion of the plan review and preparation of comments, the Engineer of Record will be promptly notified through email and a hard-copy of the comments with be sent by US Mail.
10. Are there any fees associated with the Land Development Process?
The fee schedule may be obtained on the Land Development website under fee schedule.
11. How do I obtain the Town approval box required on plans?
The approval boxes are available on the Land Development website.
12. Who do I contact to schedule an inspection for services or maintenance?
You can contact the Land Development desk at 704-662-8078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
13. How do I obtain the forms required to receive Acceptance for Services, building permit(s), and/or Certificate(s) of Occupancy?
Link to PDF Packets
14. I just got my construction approved by the Town. What do I need to do in order to obtain a full building permit?
In general, all public infrastructure and improvements in the right of way must be completed and accepted for services if applicable, in order to obtain a building permit for vertical construction.