Human Resources FAQ
1. Where is Human Resources located?
The Department of Human Resources is located in Suite 1300, 1st floor of the Municipal Building, 413 North Main Street.
2. What are the operating hours of Human Resources?
Office Hours of the Department of Human Resources is 8:30am - 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
3. If a position, which I am interested in and qualified for, is advertised, how can I apply?
A person can submit an application in person, at a NC Employment Security Commission office, or by downloading an application from the website and faxing it to (704) 662-9726.
4. Do i have to fill out the entire application or can I just attach my resume and references?
Our application form is the basis for candidate evaluation and interview selection, and the application must be complete. You may refer to the resume on the work experience and education sections of the application ONLY if all of the information requested on the application (i.e., dates of hours worked, full-time or part-time, reason for leaving, etc) is on the resume. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of the application.
5. I looked at the list of available jobs, but did not see the one I am interested in. Can I send my resume and have you keep it in case something opens up?
Our system is not setup to handle unsolicited resumes or applications. If you send a resume or application for a job that is not available ( or a job that does not exist ), it will be discarded. You must wait until a position of interest is opened, and then send an application before the stated deadline.
6. I missed the deadline to apply for a job I am interested in. Is there anything I can do?
You must meet the stated deadline to be eligible for consideration for any position.
7. I applied for a job several weeks ago and I still have not heard anything. What is going on?
Be patient! The timing of hiring can be impacted by several factors which include the nature of the jobs being recruited at any given time, the volume of applications received, the workload of the department and/or division doing the hiring, holiday breaks and other unforeseen interruptions. All candidates who submit a completed application form by the stated deadline will be notified by mail at the time the position is filled.
8. Are there any employment opportunities available with the Town of Mooresville?
A complete list of jobs are available here.