Environmental Protection Commission
Duties of the Environmental Protection Commission (EPC) include:
- Make recommendations to the Town Staff, Town Board of Commissioners and various Town committees concerning trees, vegetation and other environmentally-sensitive areas, upon request;
- Work with Town Staff to develop educational programs/materials about tree preservation and protection;
- Serve as an information resource to the community;
- Work with organizations that share similar interest in the preservation of trees, shrubs and environmentally-sensitive areas;
- Engage in workshops and promotions for planning new vegetation;
- Develop and maintain a tree survey for the greater Mooresville area; and
- Review and evaluate proposed text amendments to the Mooresville Zoning Ordinance regarding tree protection, landscaping and water shed.
The EPC consists of seven members appointed by the Town Board of Commissioners. The commission meets the 2nd Wednesday of every even month at 6:30 p.m. in the 3rd floor conference room at Town Hall. Craig Culberson is the staff liaison for the EPC.
Environmental Protection Commission Members:
Alan Bradford, Chair
Colby Elizabeth Stellhorn
Eddie Dingler, Ex-Officio